My review on Miss Ameda
Bought it from LilttleWhiz and it comes with the following:-
- 1 unit of Ameda breastpump motor
- 2 units of bottles with locking rings and dics for bottles caps
- 1 unit of tubing adapter
- 1 unit of Ameda Standard Breast Flange 25mm
- 4 units of Ameda Pump Valves
- 2 units of Ameda Adapter Cap
- 2 units of Ameda Silicone Tubing
- 2 units of Ameda Silicone Diaphragm
- 1 unit of Ameda AC Adapter - local use
I got freegifts too when I purchased it in November last year at RM799.00. It comes with 1 year warranty.
- Efficient. I get to pump between 5oz -6 oz both sides in 15 minutes.
- Not many parts.
- The parts are super easy to clean.
- The parts are super easy to assemble.
- Mobile but has its cons too.
- Fits with Bumble Bee, Jingle and Autumnz's bottles storage.
- It comes with adapter. Non rechargable. Kena berdekat-dekatan dengan power point. But you can guna baterry if you want to take it anywhere like Medela FS. But I noticed after 6 pumping sessions, battery akan caput. So a bit expensive if you want to use batteries and you need 6 batteries by the way.
- One part is really small like the white valve sebesar duit 50sen. But not really a turn off.
- The Silicone Diaphragms are delicate and as you assembling the parts, it might terjatuh, so you must be careful sikit penat nak basuh dengan air panas lagi.
- The Ameda motor unit is a bit big and bulky but still small and you could still carry it in your diaper bag.
- Be careful with the Silicone Tubing below- JGN BASAH. Wash boleh, but make sure you dry it if not you'll suffer like me kena hantar betul the motor because of back flow.
- Not a handsfree breastpump but you could purchase Pumping Pal macam kat bawah tu- so not a major issue.
Additional Items - Must Haves
If you purchase Ameda, you might want to purchase these:-
Ameda Flexishield Areola Stimulator - this is really helpful in let down and tak sakit.
Pumping - Pal - mak oii susahnya nak tackle benda alah ni- but you will get use to it.
So my verdict, it is a very good and realiable pump, if you use it correctly. I love it. Initially I wanted to buy Medela FS but after thinking it through and research, decided on Miss Ameda. Maybe not as famous as Medela and Avent, but in all honesty it is a great buy and very good pump.
Reason buying Miss Ameda
Why dual? I need something that is office/boss/urgency/travelling friendly so single/manual is not an option. And the price is not as mahal as Medela FS which is double the price of Ameda. If I have extra I might purchase Medela FS. My cousin and aunts are in London now and I have asked them to reki if they could find anything below 300 pounds. so far tak de. sedih. If they find anything below RM1K after conversion, I do not mind purchasing it because of one plus point - because it is a rechargable pump.
So now my Miss Ameda is on its way to be repaired. In the meantime, Im using my old and trusted pump, Avent Manual Pump.
Note to self- Next time - silalah rajin baca instructions...